Electric Fence Repairs, Installation & Services
- Electric Fence Repairs
- New Fence Installations
- Electric Fence COC Certificate
- Reliable Workmanship
- Fast & Efficient
Electric Fence Repairs That Last
Securing your property is important in South Africa. Your perimeter is your first line of defence. DM Security Services has the best electric fencing solutions for you. We do electric fence repairs, installations and services. Keeping your fence in working order is important and often overlooked. Simple things like keeping bushes and trees trimmed back will help keep the wires in working order. However, when the unfortunate thing of shrubs breaking your fence, we are on and to repair your electric fence. Looking to install an electric fence? We do that too.
Emergency Electric Fence Repairs
Keeping your electric fence functional is important as this is your first line of defence against intruders. If your fence is no longer functional this could leave you vulnerable.
We offer emergency electric fence repairs in to keep you safe, quickly. Things that may render your fence no longer functional could be lighting, vandalism, power surges or overgrown plants. Electric fencing is an essential part of your security, so don’t delay, get it fixed today!
Electric Fence Services We Offer
Our professional team offers electric fence services like:
- New installations
- Electric Fence Repairs
- Energisers change and repairs
There are different types of electric fences. It is important to install the right fence for your property. We will evaluate your needs and advise what option will be suited to you. We install electric fences with various amounts of lines like:
- 5 lines
- 6 lines
- 8 lines
- 10 lines and many more
Electric Fence COC Certificate
When selling a house or property in South Africa, it is required that a COC electrical certificate is supplied for your property. Electricians do not always offer certificates for electric fences and it falls outside of their expertise. We can supply you with an electric fence COC certificate. This will ensure that the sale goes through smoothly. And should we find any issues, we can repair them for you.
Your electric fence needs to be in working order and compliant as part of the compliance. We will make sure that your fence is compliant and will pass any inspection should there ever be one.
How do electric fences work?
South African residential electric perimeter fences are designed to enhance security and deter unauthorised access to residential properties. These fences work by delivering a non-lethal electric shock to anyone who comes into contact with the fence. Here’s how they operate:
- Fence Construction: The electric perimeter fence consists of horizontal wires or conductive strips that are spaced apart and mounted on insulators. These wires are usually made of high-tensile steel and can be either free-standing or attached to existing walls or fences.
- Energizer Unit: The energizer unit is the heart of the electric fence system. It supplies the electrical power to the fence wires. It converts the main power supply or a battery power source into a high-voltage, low-amperage pulse that is sent along the fence wires.
- Electric Pulses: The energizer unit sends regular electric pulses along the fence wires at specific intervals. These pulses typically last for a few milliseconds and are repeated several times per second. The pulses create a sharp, painful but non-lethal shock when someone touches the fence.
- Warning Signs: To comply with safety regulations, warning signs are placed at regular intervals along the fence. These signs indicate that the fence is electrified, serving as a visual deterrent and informing people about the potential electric shock.
- Alarm and Monitoring Systems: Some electric perimeter fences are equipped with alarm and monitoring systems. These systems can detect fence tampering or breaches and trigger an audible alarm or send a notification to the property owner or security company.
- Backup Power: To ensure the fence remains operational during power outages, many electric fences have a backup power source, such as batteries or solar panels. This backup power allows the fence to continue functioning and providing security even when there is no mains power supply.
Overall, South African electric fences act as a physical and psychological barrier, deterring potential intruders from attempting to breach the property. They provide an added layer of security and can be an effective part of a comprehensive security system for residential properties in South Africa.
Speak to us about how we can install or maintain your electric fence.